Chinese Chilli Chicken Recipe with Video [Step by Step]
Chinese Chilli Chicken Recipe with easy recipe instruction and video.
There are many popular chinese chicken dishes that originated from Chinese cuisine. But chilli chicken recipe Indian Style is a popular Indo-Chinese dish[Wiki]. Two types of chilli chicken is the most popular, one is dry chilli chicken and another one is gravy chilli chicken.
A Indo-Chinese chilli chicken is a popular dish all over the world which tastes sweet, crispy, slightly sour and spicy. Friends, today I am going to show and describe how to make the best gravy chilli chicken recipe step by step.
I love to eat Indo-Chinese chilli chicken with fried rice and extra crispy fried chicken which is made like restaurant style. I think friends you also love to eat Chinese chilli chicken that’s why I describe the recipe step by step so that you can quickly make this delicious recipe at home.
Chinese chilli chicken is made with some common ingredients such as chicken (boneless or with bone) capsicum or bell pepper (red and green, you can also mix yellow), big sized onion, and some Chinese and Indian Masala. If you don’t have the ingredients in your kitchen, you can buy them from your nearest local market.
Someone ask me is chilli chicken healthy? I answered, yes if it is cooked by less oil and fresh ingredients. Fresh ingredients and less oil is the most important thing for health issue. Some key features for healthy chilli chicken recipe:
- We have to use fresh chicken white breast meat and fresh vegetables.
- Use less oil for frying. If possible, use non-stick frying pan; not deep fry.
- Vegetables should be cooked 50-60%; not over cooked.
- Chicken provides a huge amount of high-quality protein and it also has Iron and vitamin B-Complex.
- Vegetable, we used in this recipe provides fiber, vitamin C and phytochemicals with antioxidant properties.
- We use ½ egg and it has only 35 calories, 3.5 gram high-quality proteins, 2.5g fat, 0.8 grams of saturated fat, along with iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids.
How to Make Chilli Chicken Indian Style
There are few steps to make Indo-Chinese chilli chicken. Please properly follow the steps for making a delicious and tasty chilli chicken at home.
- First, cube the chicken with bone or boneless doesn’t matter, red and green capsicum, green chilli and sweet big sized onion, and put them separately.
- In a medium bowl, add cubed chicken 200g, crushed black pepper 1/2tsp, a pinch of salt, corn flour 3tbs, and fatted egg ½. MIx well.
- Now time to make a mixture that is made with sweet chilli sauce 2tbs, black soya sauce 2tbs, tomato sauce 3tbs, sugar 2tbs, and white vinegar 1 tbs.
- Everything is almost ready now we have to fry the chicken cubed that is coated with corn flour, fatted egg, crushed black pepper, and salt. Take a pan for deep frying, add oil, heat the oil for deep fry on a medium flame. Put the chicken cubed with a still spoon one by one. Fry them until golden brown and evenly cooked inside; not over cooked or frying. Remove the chicken pieces and drain excess oil on a kitchen tissue.
- Take a non-stick frying pan, heat the pan, add oil 3tbs, add chopped ginger-garlic, chopped onion, chopped capsicum, red chilli powder (it depends on how much you want spicy), and sugar. Saute chilli chicken and other ingredients for a minute.
- Now add the mixture that we made before. Saute the chilli chicken again.
- Then add the fried chicken. Mix and saute the chilli chicken on medium high flame for a minute so that the chicken is coated well with sauce both sides.
- Serve it with fried rice with egg and fried chicken. Sprinkle the sesame on the Chinese chilli chicken. That’s it!
Which is the best Dry or Gravy chilli chicken?
Both of them are the best in taste. But we can eat them in different ways. Dry chilli chicken is served as a snack or appetizer and gravy chilli chicken is served as a side dishes. Gravy chilli chicken generally used to eat with fresh rice, egg fried rice, fried chicken, chow mein, etc.
The recipe instructions listed below are for dry Indo-Chinese chilli chicken. If you want to make gravy chilli chicken, just make a mixture of one cup water and corn flour. And then add the mixture before adding fried chicken pieces. Cook it how much you want to gravy and serve it with what you want with this chilli chicken.
Important Tips For Making Chilli Chicken.
Indo-Chinese chilli chicken is a sweet, spicy, slightly sour and crispy dish all over the world. It is made with chicken, egg, onion, capsicum, ginger-garlic and some other ingredients. If you want to make a delicious crispy, spicy and slightly sour dry chilli chicken, follow the recipe instructions.
- 200 g Chicken
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 pc Fatted egg
- 2 tbsp Sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp Black Soya Sauce
- 3 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 2 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 1 cup Chopped Capsicum (Green & Red)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Chopped Onion Leaves
Cut chicken into cubes with boneless or with bone and dry the chicken pieces with kitchen tissue or you can use a towel.
Now chop capsicum, big sized onion, ginger, garlic, coriander leaves and green chillies. Put them separately.
Now prepare batter by using chicken cubes, crushed black pepper, salt, cornflour, and egg.
Mix it properly.
In a bowl, add sweet chilli sauce, black soya sauce, tomato sauce, sugar, and white vinegar.
Mix them well, and put aside.
Take a pan for deep frying chicken cubes. Heat the oil around 350 Fahrenheit.
Now properly coat chicken cubes and put on the oil one by one.
Fry all chicken cubes by following the same procedure.
Take a non-stick frying pan, add vegetable oil 3tbs. Now add chopped ginger 2tsp and garlic 2tsp.
Then add chopped onion 1cup and Chopped capsicum 1cup.
Keep the flame medium-high and stir-fry ginger-garlic, onion, and capsicum.
Now add coriander powder 1tsp, red chilli powder 1tbs, and sugar 1tbs.
Then add mixing sauce and salt (If needed) and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Add all the fried chicken on the sauce and stir fry for a minute or more. Check the chicken cubes coated both sides evenly.
Chilli chicken is served with a nice plate or small bowl as an appetizer, sprinkle sesame and chopped onion leaves (If possible, otherwise don’t use it) on the top.
You can serve it with fried rice and fried chicken as a side dish. Now enjoy the food!