Chicken Tandoori Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Recipe is a North Indian delicacy, precisely from Punjab, but the great taste and the flavour of the dish has made it popular all over India. It is served as a starter, suitable for any party. Make it the way I have explained here, I am sure that you will love it.
How to Marinade Chicken Leg
Marination of chicken leg is the most important part of the recipe. The taste of the chicken tandoori depends on how you marinade chicken leg and how much time put on normal freezer. After Marinating you should put on freeze at least 4 hours, 12 hours is better to more tastes.
- Chicken Tandoori Recipe [Step by Step]
- Chicken Tikka Kebab Indian Style [Homemade]
- How to Make Fried Rice With Egg [Easy Fried Rice Recipe]
- Chana Masala Recipe [Bengali Ghugni Recipe]
- Chicken Pakora Recipe (Fried Chicken Indian style)
Chicken Tandoori is a famous and delicious Indian Recipe.
- 6 pcs Chicken Leg and Thigh
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tsp Ginger Paste
- 4 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/3 cup Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Nutmeg and Mace Powder
- 1 1/3 cup Yoghurt
- Salt to Taste
Apply cuts to the chicken pieces on the joints and 2-3 marks on the surface.
In a bowl place the chicken, add in lemon juice,little salt,red chilli powder and 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste. Mix everything well with the chicken, and set aside for 30-40 minutes.
In a bowl put the yoghurt, the rest ginger and garlic paste,little salt, kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala powder, nutmeg and mace powder, mustard oil and mix everything very well. Add the marinated chicken pieces in it and set aside for at least 3 hours. The more you marinade the better in the result. Best result is obtained if marinated for whole night.
Preheat oven on convection mode at 180-200 degrees.
Take an oven proof tray and cover the top surface with aluminium foil. Place the chicken pieces on it and cook it in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
Once cooked, glaze it with little butter, sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice and chaat masala. Serve it with onion, sliced carrot, Tomato, cucumber salad and sauce.
- Every oven takes different time, cook until the chicken is soft and it has the desired texture.
- Commercially, in restaurants they use edible red colour for the extra reddish tandoori chicken, if desired, you can add a pinch of it in the marination, but I personally do not prefer using colour.