Chicken Pakora Recipe – Fried Chicken Indian style
Chicken pakora recipe [Fried Chicken Indian Style] is a crispy and crunchy appetizer or snack across the Indian subcontinent, especially in India. Making procedure is very easy even ingredients are available everywhere.
The best chicken pakora tastes crispy on the outside and juicy inside, it depends on how you marinade the chicken and other ingredients and freezing time also.
I love to eat chicken pakora as a snack with my family in the afternoon but it should be crispy and crunchy. I will share the best recipe and tips in this post as I have many years experiences for making different types of pakora like Mix Vegetable Pakora recipe, Potato Pakora Recipe, and other special snack Aloor chaat recipe.
There are over 50 different types of pakora in Indian subcontinent which are really delicious in taste. We do not need many ingredients to make a delicious extra crispy pakora. We just need two or three main ingredients such as different types of vegetables (we can use the following vegetables as main ingredients of pakora like cauliflower, potatoes, onions, coriander, green chili, spinach, eggplant, beans, carrot, plantain, and etc), paneer, chicken, bread, and etc.
Hot to Make a Delicious Chicken Pakora - Step by Step
Pakoras are made with 2 or 3 main ingredients which can be chicken, potatoes, onions, spinach, paneer, cauliflower, coriander, capsicum, etc and some spices like Garam masala, garlic-ginger, cumin, chilli powder, and etc are dipped with gram flour or flour besan. Here, I select chicken and onions for making chicken pakora. If you want to make this delicious recipe, follow the instruction step by step.
- First, I slice a whole chicken into small cubes or pieces with bone or boneless.
- Now take a medium size bowl. Add chicken cubes or strips 500g and sliced onions 100g, red chili powder 1tbs, turmeric powder ½ tbs, coriander powder 1tbs, panch phoron powder ½ tsp, crushed black pepper 1tsp, garlic paste 1tbs, ginger paste 1tbs, cumin paste 1tsp, chopped green chili 3pcs, chopped coriander leaves, chopped basil, lemon juice, salt to taste, vegetable 2tbs, tomato sauce 2tbs, mustard oil 2tbs and an egg. Now mix well. Cover with plastic and put it in the normal fridge for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, let it be normal temperature and add gram flour and rice flour. Mix it properly.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Put chicken strips one by one. Keep the flame medium and fry until all sides crisp and golden brown. Fry all the chicken strips by following the same procedure.
- Now serve with hot tomato sauce as a snack.
You can also check these popular recipes collections.
How to cut up a chicken for making pakora
We have to slice a chicken into small cubes or strips so that all ingredients mix properly. For being a small strip, perfectly it will fry all sides and will be crispy on the outside and juicy or moist on the inside.
How to marinade chicken
Marination is the vital issue of making super crispy and delicious chicken pakora. If you do not marinade on the proper way and do not put in the fridge for 1-2 hours, it won’t be restaurant style taste. So, do not skip marination instructions, follow step by step. So that your chicken pakora will be crispy and tastes in delicious.
- Add chicken strips, sliced onion and all other ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
- Now put them in a fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, add gram flour/bason and rice flour (I use rice flour for super crispness on the outside). Again mix well.
Tips for Making Crispy Chicken Pakora
- Frying chicken is an important part of chicken pakora. The technique is heating oil should be the accurate temperature. The temperature is around 350 Fahrenheit.
- Add rice flour for extra crispness. The ratio of mixing gram flour and rice flour is 2:5.
- Coating of chicken strips – coat chicken strips all sides with mixing of gram flour, rice flour and other ingredients so that chicken pakora will be more delicious and tasty.
- Add some extra herbs like basil, curry leaves, coriander leaves, etc.
Chicken Pakora Recipe is one of the favorite snacks across the Indian Subcontinent. The recipe is made by chicken, gram flour and other Indian ingredients.
- 500 g Chicken
- 100 g Sliced Onion
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Panch poron powder
- 1 tsp Crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp Cumin paste
- 3 pcs Chopped green chilli
- 1/2 cup Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Chopped Basil
- 1 pc Lemon (juice)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1 pc Egg (You can skip it)
- 2 tbsp Gram flour/ Bason
- 5 tbsp Rice flour
- Oil to deep fry
In a medium bowl, add Chicken Strip/Cubes, sliced Onion, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, panch phoron powder, ginger-garlic paste, crushed black pepper, cumin paste, chopped green chili, coriander leaves, basil, lemon juice, salt, onion and egg.
Mix them well. Cover with plastic and put on the normal fridge for 2 hours.
After 2 hours, add gram flour/bason and rice flour. Add water if need. And mix well.
Heat oil for deep fry. And fry all the chicken strips/cubes till golden brown. Fry all the chicken strips by following the same procedure.
You should fry it on medium-low flame not very hot oil. The temperature should be around 350 Fahrenheit. If oil is very hot, the pakora will quickly golden brown outside and not cooked inside.
How to serve chicken pakora
Serving is an important part of any foods because taste can differ if you do not serve it properly. Chicken pakora generally serve as an appetizer or a snack in Indian Subcontinent. We should garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot with mint chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato sauce or mayonnaise sauce.