The Best Indian Aloo Gobi Recipe
Aloo Gobi Recipe - Aloo Gobi is a kind of classic Indian dish which makes easily by everyone and enjoy with chapati (roti) or Paratha or basmati rice. It is a healthy and delicious dish made with potatoes, cauliflower and spices. This recipe is a simple and easy recipe that was done in about 15 minutes and perfect when you have less time for dinner or lunch. Usually all over Indian people are used to make it and enjoy it once a week.
Today, I have made aloo gobi vegan dish for someone special who is none other than my lovely Mom. My mom would make this for thousand of time but today I have decided I will make it for her. Although I could not make it, like as my mom’s cooking but my mom is very satisfied and happy to have it.
Aloo Gobi is a vegetarian dish that originated from the Indian subcontinent. Cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes (optional) and Indian spices are the main ingredients of aloo gobi recipe [wiki]. Here Aloo means Potato and Gobi means Cauliflower.
If you are searching for more Indian curry recipe which is quite easy to make with some common ingredients, this chicken curry recipe is a perfect choice for you.
The first step of making aloo gobi is to select potato, cauliflower and tomato. Here tomato is optional but I have used tomato for better taste. Always, we have to use fresh vegetables for getting a delicious taste. It is also good for our health and our bright future.
How to Cut Potatoes, Cauliflower and Tomato
The cutting/chopping procedure is very simple, take a chopping board, a sharp knife and equally cut the potatoes, cauliflower and tomatoes into medium-sized cubes. But we need to chop the onions roughly.
Now prepare all the spices
All selected spices put together in a big plate or arrange them separately. In this way, you can easily take them when you need.
- Heat oil or butter (ghee) in a non-stick pan. Add whole cumin seeds, green chili, ginger-garlic paste and stir for a few seconds.
- Now add medium-sized roughly chopped onions and fry over medium heat until light golden brown in color.
- Add potatoes stir-fry and then add cauliflower and stir. Add red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, dry coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well and add ½ cup water. Saute for 5 minutes. Cover the non-stick frying pan with a lid, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Add chopped tomato and saute for another 4-5 minutes.
- In this step, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot. That’s it my friends. Our Aloo Gobi is ready to serve.
Why Aloo Gobi is Perfect For Kids Lunch Box
Aloo gobi is a healthy, quick and easy recipe made with only potatoes, cauliflower and some common ingredients. If you have less time, this recipe is perfect, it takes only 15 minutes to make. It is also a suitable combination with roti or chapati. When kids see it in the lunch box, they are very happy to enjoy it.
Tawa paratha or chapati, aloo gobi and dahi is a classic and favorite dish for all kids. Before selecting foods for kids, we should know about the nutrition and energy of the foods. Because they need nutrition and energy for their growing body and brain development. I think the aloo gobi can be the best healthiest food for kids at lunch.
Check The Best Indian Aloo Gobi Recipe
Aloo gobi is a delicious food originated from the Indian subcontinent made with potato, cauliflower, tomatoes and some common ingredients.
- 1 pc Medium size cauliflower
- 4 pc Potatoes
- 1 pc Chopped Onion
- 1 pc Chopped Tomato
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 pc Green Chili
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
First, properly wash cauliflower and potato and then cut into medium-sized cubes.
Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan/kadhai. Add whole cumin seeds, green chili, ginger-garlic paste and stir-fry for a few seconds.
Add cubed potatoes and after a few minutes add cauliflower and stir-fry.
Add red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, dry coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
Now add ½ cup water. Saute for 5 minutes. Cover the non-stick frying pan with a lid, and cook on medium-low heat until tender.
Add chopped tomato and saute for another 4-5 minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tips to Make a Healthy Aloo Gobi
There are no secret tips to make a delicious aloo gobi but you have to make sure that your food is going to be healthy. If you consider the given things, I hope your dish will be healthy and delicious.
- You must select fresh vegetables and other ingredients and that’s the reason your food will be tasty and healthy.
- Potato and cauliflower should be cut into medium-sized cubed. So that all of the vegetable pieces are cooked evenly.
- The cooking procedure should be on a low or medium-low flame so that potato and cauliflower are cooked perfectly.
- First, add potato then a few minutes later add cauliflower, do not add potato and cauliflower together. Because potatoes take much time to cook than cauliflower.
- If you want to add tomato, you must add it after potato and cauliflower soft cooked.
How to Serve Aloo Gobi
The serving of food is one kind of art. You must perfectly maintain the combination that food you are going to serve on guest table.
Generally, aloo gobi is served with fresh chopped coriander leaves, roti or chapati or basmati rice, It actually depends on the place or region you are from. Some places it is served with paratha or naan bread.
But I recommend, you can have aloo gobi with roti or paratha, sometimes with less amount of basmati rice.